A 14+ Skills Academy Vocational Qualification is equivalent to a GCSE and will give you:
- A Knowledge and skill in the subject area
- Hands on experience of the subject area
- A willingness to learn more
- Motivation and a clear enthusiasm for the subject
- Sense of achievement and positive can do attitude
This experience really does put young people one step ahead of the competition for acceptance onto a post-16 College course, an Apprenticeship and ultimately employment.
Course studied at the age of 14-16 years old do not restrict progression into other subject area as skills learnt are transferrable. Maths and English are often essential in order to progress onto the next step. Where students do not gain Maths or English at GCSE grade C or above, post-16 progression pathways at Harrogate College will include these subject s in their Study Programme.